For use with the
- One 11-inch pizza dough (store-bought or 1/2 recipe Chef Emeril's basic pizza dough recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces Taleggio or Fontina cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Receive 10 exclusive Chef Emeril recipes with the purchase of Emeril’s All Day Griddle!
Preheat oven to 450ºF and position an oven rack in the lowest position in the oven. Place your Emerilware Cast Iron Griddle on the bottom rack of the oven to preheat.
Place the rolled out pizza dough onto a pizza peel or the back of a cookie sheet sprinkled lightly with cornmeal as necessary to keep the dough from sticking. Sprinkle the pizza dough with the cheeses, oregano, salt and pepper. Remove the preheated griddle from the oven and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Rotate to disperse the oil, then, working quickly, slide the pizza off of the pizza peel onto the hot griddle. Bake the pizza for 10 to 12 minutes, turn the pan around in the oven and bake an additional, 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the bottom and edges of the pizza crust are golden brown. Check every 5 minutes so you do not overcook. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the pizza with the parmesan cheese and remaining olive oil, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
If you want to make your own pizza dough, click here for Chef Emeril's recipe.